Queens Information Literacy Tutorial
What is the Queens Information Literacy Tutorial?
- QUILT is designed to teach basic information literacy skills and techniques to students at Queens University of Charlotte.
- You will also learn how to use Everett Library's tools and resources to find the information you need for your papers and projects.
What is Information Literacy?
- Information literacy is a set of abilities requiring individuals to "recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information." ~American Library Association
- Information literacy forms the basis for lifelong learning. It is common to all disciplines, to all learning environments, and to all levels of education. It enables learners to master content and extend their investigations, become more self-directed, and assume greater control over their own learning.
An information literate individual is able to:
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally
Benefits of QUILT
- Self-paced learning.
- Easy assessment and the ability to retake all quizzes.
- A printable / emailable Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of all 7 topics.
- Application to a variety of learning styles including visual, auditory, and kinesthetic
You will need to click the button below and then enter your Queens username and password to begin.